The NEW 40m Westport features naval architecture by William Garden and exterior styling by Taylor Olson/Westport. Exceptional luxury, convenience, reliability and performance that is the Westport standard.
A five-stateroom arrangement with on-deck master stateroom, large salon, dining room and expansive deck areas ensure thoroughly enjoyable extended cruising.
Create joinery designs and drawings following standard engineering practice.
Essential Job Functions
• Create new and modify existing 3D models of parts and assemblies for marine joinery using the latest version of SolidWorks.
• Create new and modify existing part, assembly and installation drawings for final designs per ASME Y14.100 using latest version of SolidWorks or latest version of AutoCAD.
• Create new and modify existing 2D (AutoCAD) installations and arrangements.
• Create new and modify existing engineering Bill of Materials.
• Process engineering change orders (ECOs).
Additional Job Functions
• Attend meetings for project designs and department improvement.
• Work under direction and guidance of design lead, design manager and naval architects.
• Part and assembly models include but are not limited to wood, metal(various), solid surface, cabinet assemblies, and mechanical assemblies.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Ensure work areas are kept clean.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• 5+ years’ experience using parametric 3D modeling software (SolidWorks Preferred) designing/drafting architectural.
• Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.100.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing tools and procedures.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Dimensions, weight, performance and capacities are approximate. Optional equipment may be shown.
Please consult specifications and equipment list or your Westport sales representative for complete details.