Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Finish Carpenter|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Constructs, fits, repairs and installs structures, fixtures, flooring and cabinets in the boat per drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Build, layout and/or install stairs, partitions, framing using marine adhesives, biscuit joinery, nails, staples and screws.
• Scribe, cut and shape materials and structures using hand, power and stationary tools.
• Fit and install pre-fabricated and pre-finished items including window frames, door jambs, doors and other trim and hardware pieces.
• Install insulation in ceilings, walls and other compartments as well as appliances and electronics.
• Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• 2-5 years carpentry experience.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.