Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Finish Carpenter|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Constructs, fits, repairs and installs structures, fixtures, flooring and cabinets in the boat per drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Build, layout and/or install stairs, partitions, framing using marine adhesives, biscuit joinery, nails, staples and screws.
• Scribe, cut and shape materials and structures using hand, power and stationary tools.
• Fit and install pre-fabricated and pre-finished items including window frames, door jambs, doors and other trim and hardware pieces.
• Install insulation in ceilings, walls and other compartments as well as appliances and electronics.
• Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• 2-5 years carpentry experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
• Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.