Current Job Listing
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Fabricate, weld, assemble and install stainless steel and aluminum parts and hardware used in luxury yacht production.
Essential Job Functions
• Working from formal drawings or sketches, fabricate a variety of parts using shop equipment such as saws, shears, drill presses, plasma torches, break press etc.
• Assemble parts using a variety of welding techniques such as gas-metal arc, gas-tungsten arc and shielded metal arc and other metal fastening techniques.
• Finish parts using a variety of stationary and portable grinders, files, buffing wheels and sanders.
• Install finished parts on yachts within close tolerances and with a high level of finished appearance.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat or welding helmet, respirator, and or hearing protection may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• May assist in various departments as assigned.
• Shop math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Ability to think on your feet and adjust to changes in pace as required to meet departmental needs.
• Ability to retain facility and department specific procedures including layouts and formulas commonly used in the shop.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Skilled in a variety of welding techniques.
• Experienced in use of common metal shop tools and equipment.
• Prior experience as a Welder and/or Metal Fabricator and/or training
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Knowledge of metal properties, mechanics, layout, and machining procedures and ability to apply said knowledge.
• Knowledge of welding symbols.
• Prior experience in welding copper nickel.
• Skilled and/or knowledge in welding structural aluminum components, pipe fitting, and fabricating ornamental stainless parts and railing.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.