Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||ME Technician III|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Assemble and test the various ME sub-assemblies, perform system startups, in depth system troubleshooting, repair and provide customer support.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform system startups on board of the various ME systems
• Ability to perform detailed troubleshooting and repair of the various ME systems.
• Assist in system design upgrade recommendations
• Ability to perform at least PCB level repair of various ME systems
• Assist with configuration, set-up and test of system components.
• Assist in maintenance of accurate “Build As” plan set, determine corrections and additions for “AS Built” documentation of completed projects.
• Travel to customer locations to support Customer Service activities.
• Travel to other Westport facilities to complete testing and start-up tasks as required to meet production schedules.
• Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, respirator, fall protection etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for pushing, pulling, simple grasping and fine manipulation.
• Frequent sitting, twisting, standing, walking, climbing, bending, squatting, working in small spaces and reaching above shoulder level.
Additional Job Functions
• Maintain clean work area.
• Follow all Westport policies and safety rules.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Five years working experience with ME, and or shore based equivalent systems
• Perform shop and on board repair of the various ME systems
• Good math, reading and communication skills.
• NMEA certification in installation practices
• Formal/vocational training in electronics.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Computer literacy with working knowledge of MS Office and MS Windows.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• NMEA CMET or FCC GROL
• Specific training on various ME systems
• AutoCad and or MS VISIO experience.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.