Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Secondary Laminator|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Prepare and use resin saturated fiberglass panels and molds to produce and bond together hulls, decks, soles and other yacht components for further assembly.
Essential Job Functions
• Measure and cut materials to the required dimensions using hand and/or power tools.
• Mix resin and catalyst in proper proportions and apply by hand or with spray gun.
• Clean, wax and prepare molds for use.
• Grind fiberglass to required finish.
• Paint finished surfaces with Gelcoat and/or paint.
• Perform rough carpentry tasks on fiberglass and structural components.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• All duties require frequent sitting, walking, standing, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, and the repetitive and fine manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, as well as occasional sitting and stair climbing.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Candidates for this job may be asked to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prefer 1 to 3 year’s experience doing like duties in similar environment.
• Prior work experience in Lamination; or
• Prior work experience with fiberglass, resins and catalysts.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.