Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Truck Driver|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Transport materials in the support of production between facilities using vehicles that require CDL.
Essential Job Functions
• Transport and deliver large and small parts using box truck, flatbed truck with trailer, and other Westport vehicles.
• Will assist in loading and unloading various items, making sure load is safe and secure for transport.
• May be required to load and unload various materials using an electric high lift, pallet jack, fork lift and or a hand truck.
• Will confirm item counts and descriptions are correct on pack slips, and will insure the safe load and unload of items at appropriate manufacturing facilities.
• Will assist in completing other Material Handling tasks, as requested by Supervisor, when not driving, including but not limited to re-stocking inventory, operating forklifts, warehousing, filling chemical bottles and drums with appropriate chemicals.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Complete daily job assignments in a timely manner.
• Must show ability to understand verbal and written instructions, procedures and special projects.
• Materials, tools and equipment that will need to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Job duties may require the need to wear personal protective equipment such as latex or rubber gloves and respirators and safety eye wear.
• Duties will require frequent or sometimes continuous bending, reaching above shoulder level, standing, kneeling, squatting, sitting as well as the repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Will also require occasional crawling, walking, twisting and lying, and the climbing of stairs and ladders.
• Visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
• Must have a valid Washington driver’s license. Must also have a valid Class A CDL with medical card
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• U.S. Passport or Enhanced Driver License is preferred.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.