Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Building Operator|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Completes assigned building and equipment maintenance, facility upgrades, and reconfiguration projects to support the production of Westport luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain a variety of mechanical equipment to include vehicles, material handling equipment, cranes and other motorized machinery.
• Maintain facility water, electrical, compressed air, HVAC, fire suppression and waste systems.
• Rig and pull large fiberglass parts from molds and assist in assembly.
• Assist with the installation of main engines, generators and other large pieces of equipment in the yacht production process.
• Load, unload, move, level and launch luxury yachts.
• Perform a variety of rough construction tasks such as the erection of staging and scaffolding.
• Perform general janitorial and grounds maintenance duties as required.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling, squeezing, crimping and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, fall protection, safety glasses, hard hat and or respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participate in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• Assist in various departments as needed.
• Broad experience in Building and Equipment Maintenance field.
• Good shop math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior experience in boat-building industry.
• Specific experience and/or training in commercial/industrial electrical field.
• Prior experience in crane/heavy lifting operations
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.