Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Lead - Laminator|
|Shift Times||Start: 3:15pm End: 12:00am|
While performing the duties of Large Parts Lamination, assists the Supervisor in coordinating and directing other production employees, within the department, to ensure the completion of assigned tasks on schedule, within budget and at the required level of quality in the production of Westport luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Measure and cut materials to the required dimensions using hand and/or power tools.
• Mix resin and catalyst in proper proportions and apply by hand or with spray gun.
• Clean, wax and prepare molds for use, grind fiberglass to required finish.
• Paint finished surfaces with Gelcoat and/or paint.
• Perform rough carpentry tasks on fiberglass and structural components.
• All duties require frequent sitting, walking, standing, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, and the repetitive and fine manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, as well as occasional sitting and stair climbing.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Assign work tasks to other employees as directed by Supervisor.
• Ensure that equipment and supplies are available to complete tasks assigned.
• Inspect work as necessary to ensure quality and accuracy.
• Instruct employees in use of proper documentation, tools and techniques.
• Resolve problems that may interfere with production or refer them to the Supervisor as appropriate.
• Explain, implement and model company policies and safety rules.
• Provide updates and information to Supervisor in regards to work performance of employees within the assigned crew that is being lead.
• Communicate employee issues and concerns to Supervisor.
Additional Job Functions
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Document materials and Quality Assurance used in production.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively lead a team.
• Ability to teach and train.
• Problem-solving skills.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior leadership experience.
• Prior experience in boat-building.
• Chemicals and ratios of those used in lamination.
• Able to operate the Impregnater
• The proper care and use of Magnum Venus equipment.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.