Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Assistant Production Manager|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Accountable for the smooth operation of the production processes and the production schedule. Responsible for the performance of supervisors, leads, and other members of the team within ones Area. Enforce all Company safety requirements, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
• Accountable for Production schedules and task completion in all departments in their Area through subordinates.
• Manage and maintain the BOM for areas of responsibility.
• Required to have Daily or Weekly Area Scheduling meetings
• Work effectively with Design Engineering, Configuration Management, Interior Décor, and with the other plant leaders to ensure that the people working in their sections have complete and accurate information.
• Data research for production information flow.
• Propose changes to improve manufacturability, quality, customer satisfaction and cost.
• Attend, (or assign designee), all meetings that pertain to the Areas that are overseen.
• Lead a team of supervisors, responsible for all aspects of managing a team.
• Responsibilities include maintaining appropriate staffing, meeting schedules, support the Westport Way and maximize efficiencies while maintaining quality and providing training as determined and/or directed.
• Responsible for all hours used in Areas both Regular and Overtime
• Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality service to other plants and facilities.
• Work directly with Department Supervisors and leads as necessary for production.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• As a member of the Westport management team, maintain high personal standards and set an example for employees in areas such as safety and professionalism.
• Direct the flow of materials with the Purchasing and Material Handling departments, and with internal vendor shops so that the right parts are delivered to the right place at the right time.
• Fill in for other Asst. Production Manager(s) in their absence and for the Production Manager upon request.
Additional Job Functions
• All duties require frequent sitting, walking, standing, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, and the repetitive and fine manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, as well as occasional sitting and stair climbing.
• Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
• Excellent communication skills are a must, this includes the ability to follow verbal and written directions and asking questions if not understanding.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prefer 3 to 5 years experience doing like duties in similar environment.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.