Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Produce and assemble wooden parts to specified tolerances for high end yacht interiors.
Essential Job Functions
• Sort and grade lumber by species, quality and color.
• Cut and shape lumber to specifications.
• Assemble parts using various clamping systems and appropriate adhesives.
• Sand parts to achieve desired finish for further production.
• Use tape measure, calipers, and other measuring devices.
• Wear appropriate PPE including hearing and eye protection, etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, squeezing, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, and kneeling.
Additional Job Functions
• Maintain clean work area.
• Follow all Westport policies and safety rules.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Excellent knowledge of basic hand tools.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Previous molder and shaper experience.
• Cabinetry making skills.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.