Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Heavy Lift Operator|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Moving, loading, unloading, and leveling of large and heavy equipment.
Essential Job Functions
• Duties may include the loading, moving, launching, unloading and leveling of boats.
• Rigging and pulling of all large fiberglass parts from molds.
• Use of various equipment for and during installation to flip hulls, deck houses, and large parts.
• May assist with the installation of all large main engines, generators and various other boat equipment such as; chillers, refrigerators, washers, dryers and other miscellaneous equipment.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
• Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience moving large and heavy equipment.
• Candidates for this job may be asked to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.