Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Marine Carpenter|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Install fiberglass components and hardware in luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Measure and cut fiberglass components per specifications.
• Grind, fit and install fiberglass components in the boat.
• Install windows and finished exterior hardware.
• Use bridge crane, chain hoist and other overhead lifting devices.
• Use marine adhesion products, caulking materials and solvents.
• Use a large variety of hand and stationary power tools.
• Fit and install exterior teak decking.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• Help in various departments as assigned.
• Reading, communication, and basic and construction math skills.
• Ability to read and use a tape measure and use a variety of power tools.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior Marine Carpentry experience.
• Ability to read blue prints.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Our customers are buying an experience — adventure, relaxation, socializing and fun — as much as they're buying a product. Westport's obligation is to ensure that every yacht delivers that experience consistently from day one, and we believe that the best way to accomplish that is through sustaining a close relationship with the owner and crew of each vessel.