Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Building Operator|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Complete assigned building and equipment maintenance, facilities upgrade and reconfiguration projects to support the production of Westport luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain a variety of mechanical equipment to include vehicles, material handling equipment, cranes and other motorized machinery.
• Maintain facility water, electrical, compressed air, HVAC, fire suppression and waste systems.
• Rig and pull large fiberglass parts from molds and assist in assembly.
• Assist with the installation of main engines, generators and other large pieces of equipment in the yacht production process.
• Load, unload, move, level and launch luxury yachts.
• Perform a variety of rough construction tasks such as the erection of staging and scaffolding.
• Perform rough carpentry functions for building and grounds maintenance as required.
• Perform grounds upkeep and landscaping operation and maintenance for facility.
• Requires the operation of various types of electrical equipment, i.e.; lifts, ladders, vehicles and/or other equipment as designated for, or by, a particular task.
• Wear appropriate PPE including gloves, hard hats, fall protection, safety glasses and respirators as required.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing, crawling, twisting and lying.
• Complete daily job assignments in a timely manner.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record
• Follow all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs
Additional Job Functions
• Perform general janitorial and grounds maintenance duties as required.
• Maintain clean work area.
• Follow all Westport policies and safety rules.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Broad experience in Building and Equipment Maintenance field.
• Knowledge and previous use of standard tools such as wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, pliers, drills, etc.
• Good shop math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Problem-solving skills.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior experience in boat-building industry.
• Specific experience and/or training in commercial/industrial electrical field.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.