Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Building Operator|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Complete assigned building and equipment maintenance, facilities upgrade and reconfiguration projects to support the production of Westport luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain a variety of mechanical equipment to include vehicles, material handling equipment, cranes and other motorized machinery.
• Maintain facility water, electrical, compressed air, HVAC, fire suppression and waste systems.
• Rig and pull large fiberglass parts from molds and assist in assembly.
• Assist with the installation of main engines, generators and other large pieces of equipment in the yacht production process.
• Load, unload, move, level and launch luxury yachts.
• Perform a variety of rough construction tasks such as the erection of staging and scaffolding.
• Perform rough carpentry functions for building and grounds maintenance as required.
• Perform grounds upkeep and landscaping operation and maintenance for facility.
• Requires the operation of various types of electrical equipment, i.e.; lifts, ladders, vehicles and/or other equipment as designated for, or by, a particular task.
• Wear appropriate PPE including gloves, hard hats, fall protection, safety glasses and respirators as required.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing, crawling, twisting and lying.
• Complete daily job assignments in a timely manner.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record
• Follow all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs
Additional Job Functions
• Perform general janitorial and grounds maintenance duties as required.
• Maintain clean work area.
• Follow all Westport policies and safety rules.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Broad experience in Building and Equipment Maintenance field.
• Knowledge and previous use of standard tools such as wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, pliers, drills, etc.
• Good shop math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions.
• Function as a part of an effective team.
• Problem-solving skills.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior experience in boat-building industry.
• Specific experience and/or training in commercial/industrial electrical field.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
• Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options
• Paid time off for all regular FT employees
• Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.