Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Purchasing Agent|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Develop and maintain strong, professional vendor/supplier relationships with assigned vendors/suppliers while ensuring accurate and timely orders are placed and received to best serve company needs.
Essential Job Functions
• Place orders from the Purchasing Queue, MRP Forecasts and COMPANY Purchase and Part Number Request System and manually when necessary to meet Production and other Department requirements.
• Obtain timely Confirmations from vendors and update the ERP System accordingly to keep Production and Departments informed.
• Continually work and manage a plan to eliminate or minimize late part deliveries.
• Expedite late vendor deliveries to best meet COMPANY Production and Department Schedules and notify Requestors of such delays and vendor reschedules.
• Order products that meet or exceed COMPANY expectations of quality, quantity, price and on-time delivery. Work to obtain the lowest possible total cost of purchased items.
• Approve/review pricing discrepancies from Accounts Payable.
• Work with Accounts Payable and Receiving to resolve all Purchasing/Vendor issues in a timely manner.
• May be asked to train other buyers in Purchasing Department protocols and procedures.
• Accept new projects/assignments as assigned by management.
• Assist in making buyer/vendor assignments to management.
• Manage new part list and update cost and lead time in the item master.
• Maintain an excellent attendance record.
Additional Job Functions
• Ability to evaluate supplier proposals and perform related financial analysis.
• Knowledge of supply chain management in a Marine manufacturing environment is necessary.
• Show ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks at one time in a timely manner fully supporting production and executive level needs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Must communicate, answer questions and/or provide information to co-workers as needed.
• Have basic computer skills such as word processing and spreadsheet program knowledge.
• Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
• Duties will require continuous sitting and the fine manipulation of hands with occasional walking, standing, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling.
• Office supplies materials and products that may need to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• 1 to 2 years purchasing experience.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Skilled in computerized purchasing systems, material requirements planning and inventory systems.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Associate’s Degree or higher in Business or Economics.
• A recognized Purchasing Certification and a technical background.
• Will work in a team surrounding that will require forward thinking, positive attitude, professional demeanor and self-motivation while working effectively as production support.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work additional and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.