Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Material Handler|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Acting as a production support unit of Westport, L.L.C. performs a variety of duties as outlined below and as assigned. Ensures timely and efficient delivery of materials and/or services to the production floor.
Essential Job Functions
• Receive incoming goods and verify acceptable quality.
• Match quantities received with packing lists and purchase orders.
• Enter information on goods received into M2M and notify appropriate parties of discrepancies or other issues.
• Store received goods in assigned areas.
• Retrieve and issue inventory to production as scheduled or required.
• Perform cycle counts as necessary to maintain accurate inventories.
• Notify Purchasing when reorder points are reached.
• Handle hazardous materials per OSHA/Westport requirements.
• Safely move materials and equipment utilizing supplied assistive equipment.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, sitting, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
• Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat, respirator, and or hearing protection may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• May assist in various departments as assigned.
• Ability to safely operate forklifts and pallet jacks.
• A valid Washington state driver’s license.
• Basic math, reading and communication skills.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions.
• Ability to function as a part of an effective team.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior experience in material handling environment.
• May require training for hazardous materials and/or waste handling.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.