Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Designer II - Electrical Systems|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Create electrical designs and drawings following standard engineering practice.
Essential Job Functions
• Create new and modify existing 3D models of parts and assemblies for marine systems using the latest version of SolidWorks.
• Create new and modify existing part, assembly and installation drawings for final designs per ASME Y14.100 using latest version of SolidWorks or latest version of AutoCAD.
• Create new and modify existing 2D (AutoCAD) schematics, layouts and arrangements.
• Create new and modify existing engineering Bill of Materials.
• Process engineering change orders (ECOs).
• Working with and having general knowledge of AC/DC power systems (3-phase, transformers), Breaker coordination, Switch gear design, Control circuit design, PLC + HMI maintenance and development, Communication protocols (RS485, Canbus, ModBus RTU/TCP, RS232), Automation Direct PLC, Productivity PLCs, Direct LogicPLC, Controls, Commissioning and start up in field, AutoCAD, Load calculations and analysis, Digital and Analog IO systems, Panel/Enclosure layout, VFD configuration setup, Automation
• Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.100.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing tools and procedures.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Previous experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
• Knowledge of generators and power convertors.
• Knowledge of industrial motor controls
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.