Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Designer II - Joinery|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Create joinery designs and drawings following standard engineering practice.
Essential Job Functions
• Create new and modify existing 3D models of parts and assemblies for marine joinery using the latest version of SolidWorks.
• Create new and modify existing part, assembly and installation drawings for final designs per ASME Y14.100 using latest version of SolidWorks or latest version of AutoCAD.
• Create new and modify existing 2D (AutoCAD) installations and arrangements.
• Create new and modify existing engineering Bill of Materials.
• Process engineering change orders (ECOs).
Additional Job Functions
• Attend meetings for project designs and department improvement.
• Work under direction and guidance of design lead, design manager and naval architects.
• Part and assembly models include but are not limited to wood, metal (various), solid surface, cabinet assemblies, and mechanical assemblies.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Ensure work areas are kept clean.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• 5+ years’ experience using parametric 3D modeling software (SolidWorks Preferred) designing/drafting architectural.
• Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.100.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing tools and procedures.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• High level of attention to detail.
• Able to work in both office and production atmospheres.
• Reliable and attentive and able to work in a team environment.
• Experience in both fiberglass and aluminum desired.
• Previous design experience at a shipyard a plus.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.