Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Finish Fiberglasser|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Prepare for and execute priming and painting of exterior surfaces of luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Use techniques such as hand sanding, sanding blocks, long boarding, orbital sanders and other techniques to prepare surfaces for priming and painting.
• Apply and work with putties, fiberglass, panels and components to prepare for assembly.
• Minor application of fiberglass materials.
• Mask, tape off and protect surfaces with paper, drop cloths and plastic.
• Will work from lifts and scaffolding at protected heights up to 51 feet.
• Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
• Break wax, spray epoxies and applying primers, paint and assist with gel-coats.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
• Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
• Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
• Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
• Measure and cut materials to the required dimensions using hand and/or power tools.
• Grind fiberglass to required finish.
• Paint finished surfaces with Gelcoat and/or paint.
• Assist in various departments as needed.
• Candidates for this job may be asked to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
• Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
• Requires the ability to accurately read a tape measure and a scale.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prefer 1 to 3 years of experience doing like duties in a similar environment. Prior work experience in Finish Fiberglass; or
• Prior work experience with fiberglass, resins and catalysts.
• Prior autobody experience.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.