Current Job Listing
|Job Title||Mechanical Supervisor|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Direct Mechanical employees to ensure the assembly, installation and testing of hydraulic systems, fuel systems, exhaust systems, fire package and new and used oil systems in luxury yacht production.
Essential Job Functions
• Is accountable to Production Management and directly accountable for crew safety, efficiency, skill levels, training, knowledge of construction standards, and compliance with all company policies.
• Has direct responsibility for crew and lead persons’ performance, QA for Department Lockout/Tagout, hiring, separations, reviews, wages, advancement, and discipline.
• Schedules department for best efficiency, including coordination with other departments and shifts, and cooperates with other supervisors for special scheduling needs.
• Coordinates with administrative and production support departments, such as Human Resources or BOM Specialist so that production operates at best efficiency.
• Maintain accurate Bill of Material & Schedule.
• Responsible for proper management of surplus or extra parts.
• Shop clean up and 5’s Area.
• Keep Mechanical spaces looking new throughout the build.
• Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• May be required to participate in training classes provided by Westport, L.L.C.
Additional Job Functions
• Understands and complies with all company policies and safety rules, and has the ability to read, understand, and communicate to crew members all work related information: including but not limited to schedules, procedures, instructions, construction drawings and standards, and production goals.
• Has a high level of expertise in the Marine Mechanical Trade, and is able to explain and teach the safe and proper operation of all hand, power and special tools, fixed and mobile plant equipment, including all miscellaneous pumps, machinery and components used or installed by trade. Must effectively Trouble Shoot and solve construction problems within trade.
• Uses a “hands-on” supervisory approach, working directly with each lead person and crew members to achieve all departmental and company goals.
• Leads by example.
• Work directly with crew to maintain a positive and professional atmosphere at all times.
• All duties require frequent sitting, walking, standing, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, and the repetitive and fine manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, as well as occasional sitting and stair climbing.
• 5 or more year’s experience in mechanical setting, with at least 2 or more years leading a crew of 2 or more.
• Ability to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Basic computer skills, must have experience working in excel or other database system.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual and auditory acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed including hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prefer 3 to 5 years’ experience doing like duties in similar environment.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.