Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Marine Carpentry Supervisor|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Direct production employees to ensure the completion of assigned tasks on schedule, within budget and at the required level of quality in the production of Westport luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Plan, schedule and assign work tasks to subordinates.
• Ensure that equipment and supplies are available to complete tasks assigned.
• Inspect work as necessary to ensure quality and accuracy.
• Instruct subordinates in use of proper documentation, tools and techniques.
• Resolve problems that may interfere with production.
• Explain, model and enforce company policies and safety rules.
• Participate in hiring, rewarding, disciplining and terminating activities with Management and Human Resources as appropriate.
• Collect data, keep records and report progress to Management as required.
• Manage the Time Clock system to ensure that employees are properly paid.
• Communicate employee issues and concerns to Management.
• As a member of the Westport management team, maintain high personal standards and set an example for employees. Measure and cut fiberglass components per specifications.
• Grind, fit and install fiberglass components in the boat.
• Install windows and finished exterior hardware.
• Use bridge crane, chain hoist and other overhead lifting devices.
• Use marine adhesion products, caulking materials and solvents.
• Use a large variety of hand and stationary power tools.
• Support other Westport Supervisors and Managers.
• Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, fall protection, etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
Additional Job Functions
• Ensure that the work area is kept clean.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively lead a team.
• Ability to teach and train.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Construction math skills.
• Ability to read and use a tape measure and use a variety of power tools.
• Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• Prior Marine Carpentry experience.
• Prior experience in boat-building.
• Prior leadership experience.
• Ability to read blue prints.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.