Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Cabinet Shop Supervisor|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Supervise various departments during the build process of a customized cabinet shop. Direct production employees to ensure the completion of assigned tasks on schedule, within budget and at the required level of quality in the production of Westport luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
• Plan, schedule and assign work tasks to subordinates.
• Ensure that equipment and supplies are available to complete tasks assigned.
• Inspect work as necessary to ensure quality and accuracy.
• Instruct subordinates in use of proper documentation, tools and techniques.
• Resolve problems that may interfere with production.
• Explain, model and enforce company policies and safety rules.
• Participate in hiring, rewarding, disciplining and terminating activities with Management and Human Resources as appropriate.
• Collect data, keep records and report progress to Management as required.
• Manage the Time Clock system to ensure that employees are properly paid.
• Communicate employee issues and concerns to Management.
• As a member of the Westport management team, maintain high personal standards and set an example for employees.
• Support other Westport Supervisors and Managers.
• Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, fall protection, etc.
• Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
Additional Job Functions
• Ensure that the work area is kept clean.
• Maintain excellent attendance record.
• Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
• 5 or more years’ experience in woodworking environment, with at least 2 or more years leading a crew of 2 or more.
• Ability to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
• Basic computer skills, must have experience working in excel or other database system.
• Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
• Requires visual and auditory acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed including hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
As a result of this considerable commitment, and with the financial strength of a world leader, Westport has earned the confidence of the most discriminating owners, based on an enviable record of delivering the finished product on time and on budget.