Current Job Listing
|Location||Port Angeles, Washington|
|Job Title||Designer II - Structures|
|Shift Times||Start: 7:00am End: 3:45pm|
Create structural designs and drawings following standard engineering practice.
Essential Job Functions
• Create new and modify existing 3D models of marine structural components using the latest version of SolidWorks and Rhino.
• Create new and modify existing part, assembly, and installation drawings for final designs per ASME Y14.100 using latest version of SolidWorks or latest version of AutoCAD.
• Create new and modify existing 2D (AutoCAD) construction drawings.
• Create new and modify existing engineering Bill of Materials.
• Process engineering change orders (ECOs).
Additional Job Functions
• Attend meetings for project designs and department improvement.
• Work under direction and guidance of design lead, design supervisor and naval architects.
• 5+ years’ experience using parametric 3D modeling software (SolidWorks and Rhino preferred) designing/drafting structural and mechanical systems.
• Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.100.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing tools and procedures.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience with MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
• High level of attention to detail.
• Able to work in both office and production atmospheres.
• Reliable and attentive and able to work in a team environment.
• Experience in both fiberglass and aluminum desired.
• Previous design experience at a shipyard a plus.
Download Westport Job Application:
Click Here For Job Application
(Acrobat PDF - 434KB)
Completed Applications May Also Be Sent To:
Westport Shipyard Human Resources
P.O. Box 308
Westport, WA 98595
Phone: +1 360-268-1800
Similarly, series production of motoryachts enables the builder to distribute development costs among several units, and therefore to justify a sizable investment in naval architecture, styling and interior design, to engineer and document the build down to the last detail, and to acquire the ideal infrastructure-molds, fixtures, equipment ... even buildings - for unsurpassed precision and control throughout the entire construction process.