Provide guidance, direction, leadership and mentorship to the staff of the Electrical Sub-Assembly department. The Sub-Assembly department supports multiple departments within many locations of Westport, L.L.C.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable for crew performance, behavior task knowledge.
- Assures production related needs are accomplished and completed per schedule or production requirements.
- Inspect work as necessary to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Communicate employee issues and concerns to Supervisor.
- Follow all guidelines on billing and crediting of materials.
- Works to support production goals beneficial to all departments as well as fellow crew members.
- Cut, drill, tap, file and sand panels for parts installation as needed.
- Hook ups may consist of, but is not limited to connecting power leads for panels and breakers, to switches, outlets, lights, pumps, fuel systems, engine controls, generators, stereos, TV’s, computer systems and other electronics.
- Will assist in scheduling of parts building and delivery according to Boat Template Schedule.
- Will assist crew in gathering parts and information for assemblers; will pack, ship and track part crates for delivery.
- Duties will require frequent and sometimes continuous bending, reaching above shoulder level, walking, standing, kneeling, squatting, sitting and climbing of stairs and ladders as well as the repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulations. Will also require occasional crawling, twisting and laying on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Explain, implement and model company policies and safety rules.
- Materials, tools and equipment that on a regular basis will need to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 lbs.
Additional Job Functions
- Ensure that work area is kept clean.
- Have the ability to learn and use PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) programming and operational skills. Ability to acquire working knowledge of Rockwell Softwares; RsLogix, RsNetworx (for DeviceNet), RSView and Panel Builder.
- Is expected to work flexible hours as needed to meet departmental needs.
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Handbook and Safety Rules.
- Requires intermediate level of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
- Must show knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts of electrical systems, plumbing, metal fabrication, basis woodworking, fiberglass, and the use of solvents and adhesives.
- Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
- Must have auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead a team.
- Ability to teach and train.
- Problem-solving skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
- Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options
- Paid time off for all regular FT employees
- Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.