Prepare for and execute priming and painting of exterior surfaces of luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
- Use techniques such as hand sanding, sanding blocks, long boarding, orbital sanders and other techniques to prepare surfaces for priming and painting.
- Apply and work with putties, fiberglass, panels and components to prepare for assembly.
- Minor application of fiberglass materials.
- Mask, tape off and protect surfaces with paper, drop cloths and plastic.
- Will work from lifts and scaffolding at protected heights up to 51 feet.
- Use a variety of solvents to clean surfaces, tools and equipment.
- Break wax, spray epoxies and applying primers, paint and assist with gel-coats.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
- Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
- Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
- Measure and cut materials to the required dimensions using hand and/or power tools.
- Grind fiberglass to required finish.
- Paint finished surfaces with Gelcoat and/or paint.
- Assist in various departments as needed.
- Candidates for this job may be asked to demonstrate specialty skills outlined under job functions.
- Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
- Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
- Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
- Requires the ability to accurately read a tape measure and a scale.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
- Prefer 1 to 3 years of experience doing like duties in a similar environment. Prior work experience in Finish Fiberglass; or
- Prior work experience with fiberglass, resins and catalysts.
- Prior autobody experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
- Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options
- Paid time off for all regular FT employees
- Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.