Maintains, monitors and administers the ERP application to ensure uninterrupted daily operations of ERP application, including, but not limited to: Production, Accounting and Scheduling systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide direct support for the corporate ERP/MRP system.
- Manage the implementation of the ERP/MRP system and ensure the complete enterprise has the capability to support new technologies and maintain high levels of system performance and reliability.
- Facilitate change – Work as a team to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Participation in identifying roles, objectives, and milestones for the ERP/MRP system.
- Work closely to ensure a high level of integration between the ERP/ MRP system and other software used for engineering and production, including a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Respond to requests, incidents and training needs, including diagnosing and resolving problems quickly,
- Work as a team member with PLM application administrator to take part in developing system integration and standard operating procedures to ensure data-integrity and sound business practices.
- Develop and maintain a test environment to manage software updates, test scenarios, and deployment.
- Manage relationships to insure deliverables are meeting expectations.
- Provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes.
- Establish core data connectivity between systems using T-SQL and API technology.
- Monitor and support the execution of the production schedule, inventory accuracy and materials management.
- Assist with report writing for users (i.e., using SQL)
- Maintain a strong foundation of trust and team empowerment.
- Will be expected to work flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
- Minimum of five years overall ERP systems experience in a production environment.
- Preferred experience with Made-to-Manage ERP product suite.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Strong desire to be a member of a cohesive team.
- Results oriented with a strong commitment to quality and standards implementation.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and adjust priorities.
- Requires professional levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
- Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
- Excellent communication skills are a must, this includes the ability to follow verbal and written directions and asking questions if not understanding.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
- Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options
- Paid time off for all regular FT employees
- Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.