Assist in the coordination of the interior design for all Westport Yachts boat models.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with interior coordinator(s) and product development team and outside designers to organize and process interior design documentation.
- Gatekeeper of Fohlio. Enter specifications and monitor due dates. Work closely with the yard and provide daily status updates. Follow change request needs and other required documentation for production.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of décor specifications, décor timelines, and budget.
- Assist in writing change requests, paying close attention to dates.
- Attend change review and process board meetings when required.
- Attend product development review meetings when required.
- Attend client meetings and take notes when required.
- Review product structure and documentation in PLM when required to ensure design intent was met.
- Work effectively as part of a team; communicate regularly with the designers in and out of the office on your tasks and completion dates.
- Work with Shipping and Receiving to ensure correct items are delivered to intended locations.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure design intent is met & items purchased correctly, budget is adhered to.
- Oversee PHP (place holder parts) replacement for decor items.
- Maintain boat specific and vendor interior libraries files (samples). Assist in ordering duplicate samples and creating color books for yard and client/boat crew.
Additional Job Functions
- Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs. Flexible in a variety of tasks that will vary day to day.
- Attend Décor Loads installations at yard locations Port Angeles, and Westport
- Ability to carry, pack boxes, unpack and move boxes; a décor load is like moving into a house
- Assist during client meetings and lunches by prepping office and hospitality supplies
- Attend various meetings in person, by phone, and using web services.
- Work under guidance of product development manager and interior coordinator.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, and/or hard hat.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
- 3 or more years using Microsoft Office Programs efficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft word
- 3 or more years of office administrative experience
- 2 or more years within the field of Interior Design
- Ability to read drawings and interpret and understand engineering requirements
- Analyzes and solves work problems with a positive resolution that moves things forward in a timely and complete manner
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written ability to express or exchange ideas and solutions
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
- High level of attention to detail.
- Experience with CAD
- Able to work in both office and production atmospheres.
- Reliable and attentive and demonstrates solid character, positive demeanor and enthusiasm to be part of a collaborative customer service minded team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
- Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options
- Paid time off for all regular FT employees
- Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.