While performing the duties of Large Parts Lamination, assists the Supervisor in coordinating and directing other production employees, within the department, to ensure the completion of assigned tasks on schedule, within budget and at the required level of quality in the production of Westport luxury yachts.
Essential Job Functions
- Measure and cut materials to the required dimensions using hand and/or power tools.
- Mix resin and catalyst in proper proportions and apply by hand or with spray gun.
- Clean, wax and prepare molds for use, grind fiberglass to required finish.
- Paint finished surfaces with Gelcoat and/or paint.
- Perform rough carpentry tasks on fiberglass and structural components.
- All duties require frequent sitting, walking, standing, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, and the repetitive and fine manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, as well as occasional sitting and stair climbing.
- Materials needing to be lifted and/or carried may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Work effectively as part of a team providing high quality Customer Service.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
- Assign work tasks to other employees as directed by Supervisor.
- Ensure that equipment and supplies are available to complete tasks assigned.
- Inspect work as necessary to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Instruct employees in use of proper documentation, tools and techniques.
- Resolve problems that may interfere with production or refer them to the Supervisor as appropriate.
- Explain, implement and model company policies and safety rules.
- Provide updates and information to Supervisor in regards to work performance of employees within the assigned crew that is being lead.
- Communicate employee issues and concerns to Supervisor.
Additional Job Functions
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
- Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
- Document materials and Quality Assurance used in production.
- Requires basic levels of mathematical, reading, writing and communication skills necessary to successfully accomplish the job description, skills and ability requirements as outlined above.
- Requires visual acuity necessary and appropriate to perform all job duties and requirements as listed.
- Requires auditory acuity capable of hearing a forklift back-up alarm, moving vehicle horns, or other safety alarms and warning signals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead a team.
- Ability to teach and train.
- Problem-solving skills.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
- Prior leadership experience.
- Prior experience in boat-building.
- Chemicals and ratios of those used in lamination.
- Able to operate the Impregnater
- The proper care and use of Magnum Venus equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
- Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options
- Paid time off for all regular FT employees
- Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.