Fabricate, weld, assemble and install stainless steel and aluminum parts and hardware used in luxury yacht production.
Essential Job Functions
- Working from formal drawings or sketches, fabricate a variety of parts using shop equipment such as saws, shears, drill presses, plasma torches, break press etc.
- Assemble parts using a variety of welding techniques such as gas-metal arc, gas-tungsten arc and shielded metal arc and other metal fastening techniques.
- Finish parts using a variety of stationary and portable grinders, files, buffing wheels and sanders.
- Install finished parts on yachts within close tolerances and with a high level of finished appearance.
- Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
- Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat or welding helmet, respirator, and or hearing protection may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
- Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Additional Job Functions
- May assist in various departments as assigned.
- Shop math, reading and communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
- Function as a part of an effective team.
- Ability to think on your feet and adjust to changes in pace as required to meet departmental needs.
- Ability to retain facility and department specific procedures including layouts and formulas commonly used in the shop.
Other Preferred Skills/Abilities
- Skilled in a variety of welding techniques.
- Experienced in use of common metal shop tools and equipment.
- Prior experience as a Welder and/or Metal Fabricator and/or training
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of metal properties, mechanics, layout, and machining procedures and ability to apply said knowledge.
- Knowledge of welding symbols.
- Prior experience in welding copper nickel.
- Skilled and/or knowledge in welding structural aluminum components, pipe fitting, and fabricating ornamental stainless parts and railing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, push or pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
- Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options
- Paid time off for all regular FT employees
- Paid holidays
Westport L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will be expected to perform other duties as may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of Westport, L.L.C.