- Job Title: Marine Plumber (PA)
- Location: Port Angeles, Washington
- Department: Marine Plumbing
- Shift Times: Start: 7:00am / End: 3:45pm
The Marine Plumber installs and tests all piping systems, plumbing fixtures, HVAC and refrigeration systems in the boat.
Essential Job Functions:
- Measure, cut, form, fit and connect metal and plastic pipe, test for leaks and insulate as required.
- Install and check operation of a variety of plumbing fixtures such as toilets, sinks, bathtubs, etc.
- Install HVAC systems including ductwork.
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools such as saws, wrenches, grinders, drills, levels, squares etc.
Additional Job Functions:
- Basic math, reading and communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions including shop drawings.
- Function as a part of an effective team.
- Ability to retain and utilize knowledge, methods, and techniques taught that are unique to our facilities/processes.
- Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent walking, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, squatting, reaching above shoulder level, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting, and lying.
- Work effectively as a part of a team providing high quality customer service.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or respirator may need to be worn when and if handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and safe.
- Must maintain an excellent attendance record following all company policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and safety rules.
- Will be expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Other Preferred Skills / Abilities:
- Help in various departments as assigned.
- Prior plumbing experience and/or training.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment including and not limited to gloves, chemical resistant Tyvek clothing, safety glasses, hard hat and or a respirator may need to be worn when handling hazardous products or working in hazardous environments.
- Maintain and participates in keeping personal work area, shop and tools clean and in proper working order to ensure safe working environment.
- Hazardous materials are used in the production process. Employees must follow all safety guidelines and know evacuation procedures, the location of first aid stations and MSDS locations in areas they work or visit on Company property.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a production floor setting and is usually noisy and dusty. It does not always maintain a consistent temperature but is dry. Noise levels are moderate to high with some chemical odors present. When on the production floor, PPE is required where noted.
Wage range: $18.00 – $28.00 per hour depending on experience & qualifications.
At Westport, L.L.C., your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and long term disability.
Available Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses, or Health Savings Account (HSA).
401(k) Retirement Plan options.
Paid vacation leave for all regular FT employees accruing at 0.0385 per hour or 10 days per year.
6 paid holidays plus 2 additional days at company discretion.
Available discounts for car insurance and cellular plans, and travel options.
Salary: $18.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance